Do you have an evening routine? What is the last thing you do at night before you lay your head to bed? I am a firm believer that what you pour into yourself at the end of the day has a major effect on your mental and emotional well-being. Below are 3 ideas I recommend adding to your routine to give yourself some TLC (tender loving care).
#1 Soothe Yourself
How do you unwind and relax into your nighttime rest? I recommend rewarding yourself with a soothing activity. Here are my top 3 suggestions:
1) Drinking some tea and honey
2) Listening to calming ocean waves (can use an app on your phone)
3) Listening to peaceful biblical scriptures audio
#2 Uplift Yourself
The best way to uplift yourself after a long day is to get in a good laugh. Don't go to bed without uplifting your soul with laughter. Here are my top 3 suggestions:
1) Watch your favorite comedian
2) Watch your favorite movie scene (even if it's the same clip)
3) Watch a funny Instagram feed or YouTube personality
#3 Grow Yourself
The mind needs something to focus on at night. Choose an activity that adds life to you. Here are my top 3 suggestions:
1) Write down affirmations in a journal
2) Pray the word of God and declare a peaceful rest and to wake up refreshed
3) Read a book for personal growth (this can also be an audio)
There are so many things you can do but whatever you decide I hope your evening has some tender loving care. And just in case you are wondering, yes! I do all three of these things during my evening routine and it has made all the difference in my self-love journey. If you decide to try any of these ideas, after 7 days I'd love to know how well you feel.
1) Soothe Yourself
2) Uplift Yourself
3) Grow Yourself
Did you enjoy this blog post? Make sure to comment, share, and subscribe for weekly inspiration.
If you need more tools to practice self-love and care grab my newest book, Self-Care For Today: A 52 Week Guide to Practice Self-love and Care Throughout the Year.
Live Well, Love Well, Be Well